Accounts Payable Clerk
Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The accounts payable clerk is responsible for the processing and payment of invoices. The accounts payable clerk provides support for the Project Accountants ensuring timely processing of incoming correspondence and processing of overhead related duties.
- Process all overhead, equipment and gas card invoices ensuring proper approvals
- Process all job-related supplier and subcontract invoices
- Prepare bi-weekly supplier cheque, EFT and credit card payment runs
- Manage and direct all incoming accounts payable email correspondence
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Administrative support for the accounting department including filing and daily bank deposit run
- Respond to internal and external vendor inquiries in a timely manner
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Accounting certificate/diploma or 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable and/or data entry.
- Computer literate, with strong data entry skills and effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Good attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team and/or independently.
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to adapt to and to learn software (i.e. Viewpoint).
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.