Business Development Director
Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external business development strategies that increase revenue and profit. This individual is in a key position to formulate innovative strategies with the leadership team. The Director of Business Development forms productive and sustainable relationships with people in the construction community, and drives client growth.
- Pursue new construction opportunities in assigned markets and meet sales targets for the branch.
- Track new inroads, act on new leads to qualify, and maintain an updated project lead list in Chandos’ Cosential Database system.
- Bring in new business by attending strategically selected events and functions.
- Effective and strategic middle game - leverage existing networks to increase win probability before, and throughout, the project pursuit stage
- Make arrangements for hosting client events, extend invites, and ensure decision makers attend with the right Chandos people.
- Develop/innovate/improve on construction service offering.
- Maintain an understanding of the external market trends, economic influences, competition, and industry innovations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of project management processes and procedures.
- Maximize win probability by creating client-specific proposal pursuit strategies (Client Value Proposition).
- Take ownership of proposal and manage the proposal process (including, but not limited to: strategy, methodology, fees, timeframe, client issues, and governance).
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Working experience in the construction industry is considered an asset.
- Minimum of three years of working experience in business development and/or marketing.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of the industry and area of service.
The Preferred Qualifications:
- A well-informed liaison – able to influence other operation areas within the organization and inform prospective clients about Chandos services.
- Computer literate, with effective working skills in Mircosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning skills.
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable work-life balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.