Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Surveyor is responsible for the management of all field site-specific surveying activities including providing layout and elevations so that all construction activity can be properly built with in the desired locations.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- 10+ years of experience
- Three or more years of supervisory or management experience in the construction field.
- Technical diploma or equivalent experience in geomatics.
- Technical diploma and/or Gold Seal certification are considered assets.
- Leadership training and safety certificates.
- Ability to travel
- Thorough knowledge of buildings and building construction all aspects such as commercial, civil, light industrial construction.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- An advanced understanding of all construction trades and techniques.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, legislation and building codes.
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, and good team-building abilities.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Able to interpret and effectively manage competing priorities and timelines.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to implement necessary cost-control measures.
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark and become an owner while earning a competitive salary and benefits, we should talk. Send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.