Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Corporate Accountant is responsible to maintain the accuracy of the general ledger through monthly balance sheet reconciliations, adjusting entries and internal control testing.
- Maintain accuracy of general ledger by preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and supporting working papers.
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger through processing monthly disposal and amortization adjustments.
- Prepare and file GST/PST returns and remit monthly tax installments.
- Assist with internal control testing and provide recommendations to improve processes.
- Maintain sub debt loan schedules and issue quarterly interest payments.
- Full cycle accounting for IPDA non-profit company.
- Assist with interim and year end external audit.
- Assist with processing of employee unit ownership transactions.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting and CPA designation, or enrolled in the CPA program.
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience is required.
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of ASPE (Accounting Standard for Private Enterprises).
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to take initiative and investigate problems.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.