BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? We are a leading Canadian Builder and for us, it’s about collaboration and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder seeking a Temporary Financial Accountant for a 12-15 month term based out of our Edmonton office.
Are you a driven, ambitious person who can work in an extremely fast-paced environment and thrive? We are looking for a skilled financial accountant to join our corporate accounting team. In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and monthly reporting packages
- Co-ordinate quarterly corporate budget review meetings and assist department managers in preparing annual and monthly forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for external stakeholders ensuring covenants are adhered to
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations along with supporting working papers and adjusting entries as required
- Assist Corporate Accounting Manager with month and year end co-ordination as well process improvements within the Accounting team
As the successful candidate for this position you will bring:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation or nearing completion
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience including exposure to financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with advanced knowledge of Excel
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk.Send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.