Location: Red Deer
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself. We are an award winning, leading Canadian builder that seeks a Project Director in our growing Red Deer, Alberta District.
Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Operations Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead, coach and mentor all internal and external project team members to achieve the project deliverables.
- Oversee career development of team members in line with corporate strategy.
- Promote, align with, and add value to the Chandos corporate strategic vision.
- Determine all resources required to complete assigned projects in accordance with the project commitments.
- Guide the team in the structure and delivery of project bids, budgeting, and other pre-construction services.
- Provide preconstruction leadership to the project team, challenging them to deliver value based design.
- Review and provide input on all draft subcontracts prior to next level review and final execution.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal project execution plan.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Architecture, Construction Management, or equivalent construction experience.
- PQS designation, trade certification, or a business degree considered an asset.
- Gold Seal Certification (GSC) required.
- LEED understanding.
- 15+ years of experience in commercial construction.
- 10+years of direct work experience in construction project management.
- Ability to travel within and outside of Alberta
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So, send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.