Location: Red Deer Kelowna
Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management, including, but not limited to, the management of: integration of Chandos systems, procurement, scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and stakeholders. The Project Manager works closely with the project team and stakeholders and maintains an excellent relationship with subcontractors and clients.
- Manage project activities throughout the life cycle of the project, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, and budgets;
- Achieve the project budget and complete accurate monthly forecasts;
- Act as primary liaison with clients, designers, site superintendents, subtrades and other project stakeholders
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams through their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification
- Manage internal and/or external contractors or trades
- Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFIs, invoices and control document process
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables and microdeliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or project-management methods
- Complete accurate monthly forecasts for all assigned projects
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input and expectations
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Technical diploma in an appropriate construction-related field (CET), or equivalent construction experience
- Five or more years of experience in commercial construction
- Three or more years of direct work experience in construction project management
- Solid understanding of all construction trades, safety and construction techniques
- Able to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Frequent travel to local site and offsite locations as required
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Gold Seal Certification (GSC) or Gold Seal Intern (GSI) is considered an asset
- Construction / Engineering degree is preferred
- First aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external clients
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.