Safety Solution Specialist
Safety Solutions Specialist
Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Safety Solution Specialist is responsible for the health and safety of field workers and aids the company in achieving safety excellence. This individual will assist sites in identifying potential hazards and recommend responsible solutions to mitigate the identified hazards. They are responsible for ensuring OH&S and Chandos compliance.
- Facilitate, train and support the Chandos Safety Program
- Steward the safety of all personnel on the job site, and immediately address risks as they arise.
- Provide advice to field employees on occupational health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Support construction management personnel with project startup safety planning, safety reporting and structure, and constructability input centering on safe work practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safe work procedures for various sites.
- Conduct required investigations and implement timely corrective actions.
- Responsible for delivering weekly safety meetings, daily toolbox talks, employee safety training and relevant passage of information.
- Assist sites in identifying potential hazards and recommend responsible solutions to mitigate the identified hazards
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certification is required.
- 5+ years of varied construction safety experience. Commercial, Industrial
- Comprehensive knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.