Safety Solution Specialist
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Safety Solution Specialist in our Toronto District.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Safety Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Steward the safety of all personnel on the job site, and immediately address risks as they arise.
- Ensure all duties performed meet occupational health and safety regulations, and comply with the Chandos Construction Safety Manual.
- Ensure clear communication of safety roles and responsibilities for all site personnel. Provide regular and respectful feedback.
- Support construction management personnel with project startup safety planning, safety reporting and structure, and constructability input centering on safe work practices.
As the successful candidate for this positon you will bring your:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certification.
- 5+ years of experience in occupational health and safety.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial and/or industrial industry is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and from a distance from the rest of the Safety team.
- Valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. This position has a wage range of $65,000 - $80,000. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.