Senior Estimator – Edmonton
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Senior Estimator in our Edmonton District.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Estimating Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare and/or co-ordinate the preparation of full-cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, lump sum or construction management work.
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Manage take-offs, purchasing, material control and drawing interpretation and specifications to ensure projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
- Generate competitive bids for clients based on tendered pricing received and anticipated timelines.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials.
- Compile all required subtrade delivery and installation data in order to create a project construction schedule.
- Lead the estimating team on larger tenders.
- Attend Pre-tender site visits / meetings in order to fully understand the scope of the tender / project
- Participate and assist in forecasting for IPD projects, as required.
- Participate and / or lead commercial / contract negotiations for Sub-trade “Buy-out’s” on secured projects; in conjunction with the operations team
- Participate in bid strategy meetings and work with the estimating team on determining pricing and bidding strategies.
As the successful candidate for this positon you will bring your:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering or an appropriate field.
- Ten or more years of experience in commercial construction estimating.
- 5 or more years of conceptual estimating experience
- AutoCAD experience is an asset.
- Able to use on screen takeoff software
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
Job Type: Full-time