Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Skilled Labourer is required to perform tasks involving physical labour at commercial construction projects, and to operate a variety of hand and power tools. We are looking for a Skilled Labourer for Peace River.
- Use tools, equipment and materials such as jack hammers, pumps, compressors, power tools, skid steer, zoom boom and areal lift.
- Strip and assemble form systems, make ready for future placement
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite
- Assist with place, consolidate and cast in place concrete or masonry structures
- Flagging control traffic passing near, in and around sites / work zones
- Dig ditches, or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to specific elevations, using appropriate tools
- Assist erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, ramps or other temporary structures
- Assist with building concrete stair forms and install pre- cast units
- Load, unload and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans and specifications
- Mix ingredients as per manufacturers specifications to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful material
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety, and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred
- Able to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Able to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do the job
- Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60ft. and crawl for distances of 50ft.
- Job requires ability to lift heavy objects (up to 80Lbs) for 50ft, walk and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labour under adverse field conditions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, using abdominal and lowerback muscles to provide support over time without fatigue, and be able to jump, sprint and throw and object effectively
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Good client service and public interaction skills
- Good timemanagement skills
- Able to work in a team environment with a minimum amount of supervision
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees
- Respect for diversity; treat others with respect
- Lean thinker able and willing to make suggestions or improvements
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable worklife balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.