Corporate Accounting Manager
BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about collaboration and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Corporate Accounting Manager based out of our Edmonton office.
Are you looking to take on a management position while building on your existing Financial Reporting and Budgeting experience? We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join our team and provide a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the month end close process, financial reporting and budgeting. Job duties include:
- Monthly financial consolidation and reporting including preparation of management package for distribution to the Board and Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for corporate overhead forecasting as well as assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Maintain internal controls by performing internal audits and providing recommendations on process changes.
- Manage the month end close process by communicating deadlines and ensuring reporting is sent out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for external reporting ensuring bank and bonding covenants are being met.
- Oversee the work of the Corporate Accountant, providing training and coaching.
- Oversee and manage the employee unit ownership process.
- Provide support to payroll by being a coverage for salary payroll processing.
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of new technology within the accounting team.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement within the Accounting group.
The successful candidate will have their CPA designation, along with a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible accounting experience including hands on financial reporting experience.
Other requirements include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in excel.
- 2-3 years of experience in financial reporting
- Budgeting, Payroll and construction industry experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with a software implementation would be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills, able to delegate and work well under pressure/deadlines
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. Send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.