BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about collaboration and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Payroll Clerk in our Edmonton office.
Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for someone who is starting out their career in Payroll, eager to learn, with the desire and potential to grow with the company. In this role, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Administer payroll for all hourly employees, ensuring payments are accurate and timely.
- Ensure that the payroll process is an adherence with the respective provincial legislation.
- Receive, print, sort and enter a high volume of timesheets each pay period.
- Assist in the administration of hourly employee programs (e.g. health benefits etc.).
- Issue ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Take and handle all hourly employee inquiries regarding payroll.
- Other duties to support Accounting and HR functions as required.
The successful candidate will have recently received their PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) Certificate or be actively pursuing it, with the following:
- 1-2 years’ experience in Payroll, managing the processing of timecards, bonuses, and other forms of compensation.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls and management.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Clear and effective communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounting, general ledger, journal entries or bookkeeping would be considered an asset.
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. Send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.