Project Coordinator – New Grad
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share this knowledge? Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself. Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? Chandos is leading change in the Canadian construction industry. We specialise in complex projects where value can be delivered to the client through collaborative project delivery models, lean methodologies and building information modelling. We are an award winning, innovative Canadian builder that seeks a Project Coordinator – New Grad located in our Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Operations Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for coordination of project documentation, which includes, but not limited to: meeting minutes, Change Orders/Site Instructions, Owner's Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, draft Progress Claims, field notices and sustainability requirements including LEED, Waste Management, Erosion and Sediment Control and Materials Testing;
- Set up and maintain project reporting procedures: cost reports, project status reports, document drawing control, shop drawing document control;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise stakeholders;
- Assist in the management of trade contractor site meetings, RFIs, invoices and control document process;
- Equipment tracking, monitor performance, provide feedback to the Project Manager.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Technical diploma in a construction-related field (CET) or related engineering degree;
- Up to 2 years of work experience in the Commercial/ Institutional construction industry is an asset (co-op/internships will be considered);
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, and good team-building abilities;
- Strong leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external clients;
- Able to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So, send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.