Safety Solution Specialist
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Safety Advisor for our Ontario Division.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Safety Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Steward the safety of all personnel on the job site, and immediately address risks as they arise.
- Ensure all duties performed meet occupational health and safety regulations, and comply with the Chandos Construction Safety Manual.
- Ensure clear communication of safety roles and responsibilities for all site personnel. Provide regular and respectful feedback.
- Support construction management personnel with project startup safety planning, safety reporting and structure, and constructability input centering on safe work practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safe work procedures for various sites.
- Complete training, investigations, inspections and meetings as required.
As the successful candidate for this position you will bring your:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
- 3 – 5 year of active in industry experience in occupational health and safety.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certification is preferred.
- Valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
Job Type: Full-time