Temporary Corporate Accountant
BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about collaboration and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Temporary Corporate Accountant for a 12-15 month term based out of our Edmonton office.
Do you have a solid background in month end reconciliations and reporting, and are looking to take the next step in your career? This position will give you the opportunity to work with various stakeholders, both internal and external, and empower you to make improvements to processes across the accounting department.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of the general ledger through monthly balance sheet reconciliations, adjusting entries and internal control testing. Job duties include:
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, for multiple accounts and companies.
- Administer our expense management software, including monitoring feeds, troubleshooting issues and working to continuously improve the end user experience.
- Process and track project insurance charges.
- Assist with processing employee unitholder transactions, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger through processing monthly disposal and amortization adjustments.
- Prepare and file GST/PST returns and remit monthly tax installments.
- Assist with internal control testing and provide recommendations to improve processes.
- Assist with interim and year end external audit.
- Take initiative to identify areas of improvement within the accounting department and research best practices when needed.
- Other duties and reporting as assigned by the Corporate Accounting Manager or Controller.
The successful candidate will have an accounting degree and be in pursuit of their CPA designation, along with three years of directly related experience.
Other requirements include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in excel.
- Experience in software administration or implementation would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills and work well under pressure/deadlines.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to take initiative and investigate problems.
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. Send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.
Job Type: Contract
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)